Short XC Intervals : 600m, 5 x 60 seconds, 400m

Weather windy, sunny, cool. Two months into autumn and we finally have autumn weather. Tomorrow a 10km XC handicap event so today a loosener with some short XC intervals. With us Helen, Maria, Gabe, Kathy, Tori and Minnie.

The set: 2500m warm up, 4 x 100m hill strides, 600m, 5 x 60 seconds with 60 seconds jog and re-group, 400m to finish off, 2500m warm down. I paced the set, all between 3:50-4:00/km.

I will do another run later in the day to make up 20km.

Tomorrow the course out and back in dirt fire trail, undulating to flat with a couple of long testing hills. I set the course record of 36:35 as an M45 in 2009. It's possible I can better that if the wind dies down overnight. I'll find out tomorrow. It is a King or Queen of the Mountain event so there will be no holding back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.