ACT 10000m Championships

33.6 degrees at the start, still 32.0 degrees at 9pm...that was one hot race.

Before the start I pre-planned Minnie on the water stop instead of lap scoring and organised Helen to do the lap sheet. I needed a cup of water on the head every lap just to get through the heat. Lap splits below.

The legs felt good, the form and motivation as well.

Keith a huge life time PB 36:59 taking around 1:30 off his best.

I guess there were around 25 runners on the track (including AACT). It didn't bother me as I was in lane 3 every lap to get the water. Although it cost me a second each lap in getting the water it saved me a whole lot of discomfort during the race and I was able to finish it off very well, especially in the last 2km.

Lap Sheet




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.