5000m Paced XC Intervals : 7 x 3 minutes

It's one of those days when the sun doesn't come out and the temperature struggles to get past 5 degrees. It was 3-4 degrees when we did our set.

The set: 3500m warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 7 x 3 minute efforts at 3:10/km or better with 60 seconds jog recovery, 3500m warm down. None of the faster girls were there so I had to run faster and further retracing my steps to go back to the girls and count in the next effort.

Brunch was a welcome relief out of the cold. I'll be resting inside until my 30 minute jog loosener unless the sun comes out later in the day.

Tomorrow a cross country handicap around 8km. I'll be running very fast up the hills. It's a new course so I don't really know what to expect.

Keith is racing his local fun run 10km. Good luck Keith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.