Parkrun Ginninderra 17:02, Steve Coombs 18:30 : Nike Vaporfly XoomX Next % Review

This morning a Parkrun event with Stromlo XC circuit catering for another event. Weather foggy, cold, no wind. Steve ran at Coombs in 18:30. Splits: 3:25,3:49,3:42,3:45,3:35. My run at Ginninderra coincided with a first run with Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next%. More on that following.

Parkrun Ginninderra had a few of my friends there including training partners Gabe, Jen, Maria and Elspeth. All seemed to run well in the cold conditions. City2Surf 14km next week which made it a good hit out.

My run: A fast start to emulate next weeks event. Splits: 3:15,3:20,3:30(dead turn),3:27,3:24=17:02 which is a new Age% record for the course. I was very close back in June, a reason why I chose this course again today.

Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% Review: This is the shoe I'll be running City2Surf 14km next week and Marathon de Paris in April 2020. For me it feels much faster than the Nike Zoom Vaporfly Flynit 4%. The additional ZoomX foam near the forefoot is in exactly the right place, especially running up hills. Grip and stiffness in the forefoot has been improved as well. When I started to relax after 2km I was able to maintain 3:20s/km comfortably. There's still room for improved speed when I dial in where to plant my foot.

Tomorrow a long slow recovery run. I'll fit in some strides and a tempo run midweek and reduce the volume on Friday and Saturday before Sunday's City2Surf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.