Beach Recovery Run 10km ; Port Jackson Shark ; Structured Training

Early morning 10km run at Surf Beach. With a jump I can link the two ends of the beach together since the outflow to the ocean from the Golf Course has largely dried up. Sad to see a Port Jackson Shark lying on the beach recently caught and still alive. This mostly harmless egg laying shark I have swum with inside the Shark net at Bar Beach. I have no idea what the fisherman did with the shark, it was gone by the time I finished the run. This week another 131km in the legs. While I still have to keep this training volume high until March, structured training will resume this week. Sessions will vary but mostly follow a similar structure which is: Short Intervals, short time trial, long time trial, race (or Parkrun), all in the same week. If my regular Parkrun course is not under water this week I can start building up to race form again. If the sessions go well form comes back quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.