World Masters Athletics Championships Perth 2016 : I am Entered

5000m, 10000m, 8000m XC, Half Marathon. That's what I entered today. The 1500m sounded like more fun but Sunday would have been a long run anyway...choice made. I couldn't do both.

Does it make a difference? No! Training program remains the same. I'm aiming at 1500m / 5000m speed and high volume of 120-130km weeks. Anything I do in that range with those sessions will be OK.

I have only a few days left of base training before a mini-taper and 14km City2Surf (perfect for Half Marathon). Then it's a few weeks of direct preparation to race, ticking off sessions at 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m and 10000m pace. Everything is measured. I must hit some targets along the way. Next test after City2Surf 14km will be Canberra Times Fun Run 10km or 14km which is 3 weeks later.

That's the plan...see what happens?

Next set is tomorrow. 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute intervals with 2 minute float recovery on undulating XC surface. Pace starts at 10000m, reduces to 800m pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.