Parkrun du Bois de Boulogne 2nd 17:14

Parkrun this morning. Weather very warm, humid, some wind. I had a kid to chase today:-) He put on a small gap in the first 200m and I chased him the whole way. He was quicker on the down sections, me on the three climbs. Glanced at my splits on route, I knew I was having a good one, a consistent 2-3 seconds/km up on last week. Final kilometre 5 seconds up in response to the kid who ran 17:05. Splits: 3:24,3:24,3:37,3:30,3:19. Splits last week: 3:27,3:26,3:39,3:33,3:24 [17:30]. Splits from September 2018: 3:19,3:20,3:32,3:20,3:27 [16:59]. Put a pair of racing shoes on and I'm still behind pre-World Champs form last year, but not much. What I did on track this week closed the gap.

All up 17km this morning, 120km for the week. A heatwave is building over France this week. I'll have to set the alarm to get the running in. Temperatures around mid-high 30s with 40 degrees in Paris on Thursday. Running plan may need some modification.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.