ACTVAC XC Handicap : Arboretum

Friday only and easy 6km, Saturday easy 20km (12km+8km).

Today a 100% effort in the 3.5km xc handicap at the Arboretum. It was the final race in the King of the Mountain series and I needed 1st or 2nd to win the title. I had to work very hard on all the ups and downs to have a chance. My first 2km was 6:52 including three big hills and flying down the other side. The final 1.5km included two really tough but short climbs and quite a few people were walking up them. I only caught GT & then KT very close to the finish. I never saw the winner finish but 2nd was enough.

This afternoon a late loosener before getting into the groove of training again next week.

The next big goal Victorian 5000m Championships on November 14. I am still unsure if Lower Grades Zatopek is on or not. That would be on December 5. I did enter 5000m and Half Marathon at Oceania Masters Athletics in Bendigo in early January. Also in January ACT Mile, ACT 3000m and ACT 10000m Championships.

Keith did a short set on Saturday in Bega. Steve and Jane did a tough set in Centennial Park.

Helen ran the long course in the XC handicap, 15th across the line in her 50th handicap event. We had a couple of bottles of champagne last night to celebrate our One Hour efforts of Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.