Marathon Session 2

With the Canberra Half Ironman on getting to and from Stromlo wasn't easy. In the end I parked 5km away and did an extended warm up and warm down to the grass track.

The set: 7000m at just under 3:40/km (mid-threshold), rolling into 8000m at just over 3:50/km (quicker than lower threshold). Most of my work was done on the more undulating and slower 2000m circuit. I did the last 2000m on the 1km loop in 7:40.

25km was just starting to test my energy stores which is something I haven't felt in a long time.

This afternoon the loosener will only be 20 minutes with the dog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.