Next Phase starts today

Yesterday an easy 3km. Today was back to normal. 18km for the day including 2km up Black Mountain at just under maximum threshold. I wouldn't expect to recover from the 10km fully until the weekend. Thursday will be the normal routine at Stromlo. Some easy strides and then see how I feel.

Most of the others will take it easy this week. Steve, Jane and Keith all in lifetime best form (recent lifetime for Jane) just off base training plus a couple of races. In this next block not that much changes. It is a gentle progression. We start to add in some easy lactate sessions but more important we place more emphasis on pacing sessions (working off five paces rather than the 2-3 we have been training at). Steve and myself will work at 10km pace (3:20-3:30/km) and work down through 5km (3:10-3:15), 3km (3:05-3:10), 1500m (2:55-3:00) and 800m in 2:10 or better. There will be a mix of sessions, the same sessions we have used over the last 7 summers. We all have our different paces and goals and these are only stepping stones.

Track starts in early October. It will take all of that month to get ready for the racing block from November to mid-December. If all goes well my best track form will be in late November / December before I re-group. A One Hour attempt on my M50 PB (mid-October) and City2Sea 14km (mid-November)will break the training/racing blocks and force some recovery time.

Marathon de Paris entries have reopened today. I know Maria has already entered in the 3h45m group, Roget too. Good luck to all. There will be up to 10 heading over from Canberra. If I win lotto (I don't often enter) I might head over for the breakfast run that finishes under Tour Eiffel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m