5000m Paced XC Intervals : 7 x 3 minutes

It's one of those days when the sun doesn't come out and the temperature struggles to get past 5 degrees. It was 3-4 degrees when we did our set.

The set: 3500m warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 7 x 3 minute efforts at 3:10/km or better with 60 seconds jog recovery, 3500m warm down. None of the faster girls were there so I had to run faster and further retracing my steps to go back to the girls and count in the next effort.

Brunch was a welcome relief out of the cold. I'll be resting inside until my 30 minute jog loosener unless the sun comes out later in the day.

Tomorrow a cross country handicap around 8km. I'll be running very fast up the hills. It's a new course so I don't really know what to expect.

Keith is racing his local fun run 10km. Good luck Keith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024