Long Runs : More Hills ; Rottnest Island 10 Years Ago : World Masters Athletics Championships Taper Venue

Yesterday a long run in the Arboretum including ascent to Dairy Farmers Hill. Today long run in the Arboretum racing cyclists up Bindubi Street Hill (wind in their faces, make nice wind breaks). Postponed fast paced session until tomorrow morning, I'm having a no work day.

10 years ago today I wasn't running at all, a cyclist instead. I made a solo trip to Rottnest Island (my second visit) and had a beach escape. That trip eventually lead Minnie and myself running the Rottnest Marathon on almost no running training, the resumption of my love for running. I'll be there again for taper week in the World Masters Athletics Championships in October. Below some images from all my trips there from 1993, 2006, 2007 and soon 2016. By coincidence Rottnest Marathon is on there again when I will be there, maybe do the 5km fun run?

" style="clear: left; float: left; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m