Strength Hills : 4 minutes + 3 x 1:40

Weather cool and windy, no good for the track. Headed for the hills.

The set: 50 minutes warm up, 4 minutes all up hill at 15% gradient, 40 second stride up hill, then 3 x 1:40 hills with equal recovery, similar gradient, warm down plus jog with the dog. All up 86 minutes, 130km last 7 days.

I've managed to fit in 3 sessions a week in the last month covering 5000m speed, 10000m speed and strength hills with an average of 125km+/week. That's a typical build up block except I haven't cut the 5000m pace session and replaced with longer intervals.

Next set Saturday with 7 x 3 minute intervals on XC surface at 3:10/km, 60 seconds recovery. I will have a play race of 7km or so next week. I'll give myself an easy day before the race to freshen up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024