BBQ Stakes Maximum Threshold 6km XC 21:48

At lunch in the warm sun with light winds a 6km maximum threshold run of 6km. 21:48 is within a couple of seconds of my last effort a few weeks ago in the same training shoes. I felt very good out there. We had to make a deviation around a cement truck 2km from the finish which cost some seconds. Unlike my last run I was still moving through the field rapidly in the second half, although this may be due to starting slower as I used the first kilometre as a warm up. All my best runs on the course have included a proper warm up. Lunch times are short and when the weather is very warm I've often done nothing but strides before the start.

This afternoon an easy 50 minutes to make 17km for the day and 145km last 7 days. I'll have the volume down to 120km within a week before I do a full taper to 85km.

I am on race duty tomorrow evening, unlikely I'll get a run in on the last track meet of the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024