Long Run with Lower Threshold 50 minutes

This morning a 17km run from home. No wind and cool, cloudy. Out and back undulating course almost all on wide gravel trails through the forest. Pace slow for 10 minutes, slightly slower than half marathon pace (3:40/km) for 50 minutes in middle section, 15 minute slow to finish. A similar run to that I did a fortnight ago. Without any extra effort I was a minute quicker to the halfway turn and kept the flow coming home.

Volume is down from 147km to 110km last 7 days. I will hit my target of around 85km on Wednesday.

My final set in this taper tomorrow morning with a 2000m tempo at 3:20/km and 600m at 3:00/km, all on xc surface.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024