ACT Masters Track Handicap 800m (Pennington,Higgins)

Weather very warm with light winds for the Higgins, Pennington 800m handicap race. As M55 I started 1:56 behind the first starter and 14 seconds behind legend John Lamb M65. Kathy was in the middle of those two.

I ran MY race again as I have for the last year or so. Not too fast a start and always saving something for the finish, calm. I always had John in my sights. John accelerated a few times on the last lap and I never reeled him in until the final 70 metres. I hit the lead at full speed and won by a couple of seconds. Anthony ran great again to finish 3rd.

Prior to the race I did a full set of 10 x 100m and 2 x 200m strides, plus rolling and stretching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024