24th October 2012

24th October 2012...I could just let this day pass and say nothing to offend those with a different view to mine but I won't. My view is hard work, systematic training, staying uninjured, supporting each other, being happy for the results of a friend or competitor no matter what the result and then having a coffee after...those things I believe in. Taking performance enhancing drugs systematically a definite NO.

Of me: A difficult week with the bad weather and a lingering head cold. Every day I got out there in the mud, sleet, wind, whatever and just did an hour or so and kept the legs hard. I have a half marathon to run in 8.5 days time. Hopefully in the next few days I get a couple of sessions in and can run near my potential in Melbourne.

20 years, 6 months ago a 10 miler on Yarra Boulevarde Burnley (51 minutes). The venue next Sunday.

Comments

GRIFFIN said…
Way to go Bruce - I believe in you too mate !

I am staying away for a while cos I am trying to keep my impending lurgie at bay, don't want any of you to catch it, so will be doing the parkrun for a few more weekends.

Will no doubt see you at the Vets Handicap, but will try to keep my germs to myself, sounds like you are in the same boat...

If we don't see each other before your half marathon, do your best, that's all that matters mate...
speedygeoff said…
Go for it BG, you have the right attitude.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024