Long Run : Big Week

A long run this afternoon, my first in a while. 85 minutes or 19km on the bush tracks of Aranda and Mt Painter. Aiming for a solo top-up week of 120km before the Melbourne races, mostly to lose some puppy fat.

Track this week a bit of a funny one...two trophy races and an Hour run. Race 1: Will use the Geoff Moore 3000m as a warm up for race 2, around 10:30...Race 2: Pennington 1500m handicap. If I am to beat the girls this year I need to win...Race 3: Will be aiming for an Australian M50 Hour record, 16.9km which is just a little longer than the ACT M50 record.

The other reason for the long run today, I can have a fluffy Wednesday in preparation.

City2Sea: Minnie did 69:33, 16th of 395 W50...it was 72:58 on the hilly and windy City2Surf with an illness I did my best to hide from...roughly a similar performance and a qualifier for red group hopefully in the 2013 City2Surf although the bar keeps moving.

On the bed:
and In the garden...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024