ACTVAC 10000m Championships

Similar race to last year but a fair bit slower and hotter (28 degrees) and some wind for the first few laps before the sun set. From the start I had Jonno trailing me by a couple of seconds. We've had a few races together, usually not much between us...last 10km in Sydney he flogged me in similar conditions. I ran the first 3200m spot on at 80s as planned. Behind me Jonno was hanging off between 2-4 seconds back, I tried not to let him onto my heels. On lap 9 I took my first water stop and an 85 second lap which let Jonno close in again. An 81 on the next lap and I was on my own with the gap growing each lap. It was just survival until the end. I visited the water stop almost every lap from 9-24, usually with just a cup on the head...Kathy and Geoff did a great job handing out the drinks. 34:14 not a great time. I eventually lapped Jonno with 4 to go.

Helen like all of us suffered in the heat but still managed a 44 or a minute off what she did in the Hour run despite being much fitter now. Keith in his first 10000m on track an eye opener. They are never easy. Anthony ran 36:24. Rad and Lachie similarly ran together the whole way, even coordinating drink stops at the same time. I saw them the most during the race as I began lapping them on my second lap.

The foot not sore during the race. Not great today. The legs felt great after the race. The body completely smashed...2kg lost in fluids during the race.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024