ACT Masters XC Handicap 3.5km Mt Taylor

As I outlined before an uphill first kilometre, one kilometre undulating with dead turn at 1.75km, last kilometre steep down in parts, rocky in parts, dangerous in parts with oncoming traffic.

I did almost an hour warm up on the course and beyond, took in some more liquid and waited for the start. First kilometre all up 4:05 and done at maximum threshold. Last year I did around 3:50 full of lactate. Second kilometre around 3:45, lots of traffic. Last kilometre around 3:20 on the undulating part, 3:10 on the flat and slight down, 3:00 on the steep down (no faster). End result 12:48 and comfortable enough to cheer everyone, not so fast I risked a disaster fall. My fastest on course 12:21 done at full gas and all the risks.

That leaves me a 30 minute loosener to round off the weekend and 120km+ for the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024