Canberra Times Fun Run 10km Preview

Keith and I both did an easy run this morning at around the same time. Keith did some 100m strides in 18 seconds. I did 8 x 12 second strides. Not much difference, just to keep the body thinking it is ready to race.

Weather for tomorrow looks good with a cool start and light winds if any. The course I hope has reverted back to similar to the old historic course and without the stupid hill loop at 9km as used last year. I am hopeful, the maps looks right, otherwise the course will be up to 300m long. In any case we are all using garmins and will refer to those splits. I know Steve's is very accurate from training with him at Stromlo. Running into the 14km stragglers at the finish wasn't a huge problem last year, it shouldn't be tomorrow.

Quite a few of us will be there at the start line. Some are running in the Coastal Classic from Otford to Bundeena bush run. Good luck to all.

Of me: I would say my form has slipped a little since World Masters Athletics Championships in Lyon but would still expect to run under 34 minutes. I've had just the one easy day this week (today with 6km) and will still clock up 120km for the week.

Track starts in less than 6 weeks. The training intensity will tick up a notch next week. First aim will be One Hour Run in late October. That being said I'll be concentrating more on training for races 800m-3000m before the New Year. Weekly load of 130km will still be the new normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024