Steve 5 x 3 Minute Intervals ; Keith 5 x 600m Intervals ; Me Just Jogging ; Sneak Preview World Masters Athletics Championships 2016 Perth XC Course

Steve had a solid hit-out with some 3 minute intervals. By any measure he is ready for a Half Marathon in Sydney this weekend. I'll have to see if it is on TV again? Good luck Steve.

Keith had to wait for the wind to die down to complete his set. It was a bit of a season change day. Keith did 5 x 600m intervals. More important was the pace at 3:20/km or better. It's very hard training in the country and away from a measured and consistent landscape. Keith did well again. If Keith is to run some quick times this track season this will be a key session for him. He will need to push those intervals out to well over 1200m at the same pace he did today. I know he can do it.

Of me: A frisky 16km in the bush trails after work. I did stop for the odd stretch of the right quadriceps to ensure the knee stayed loose. It seems to be solid. Next hard set will be 1000m hill intervals. I've committed to another four weeks of them with my friends before track starts.

World Masters Athletics Championships 2016 XC Course. It's flat, some manicured grass, some not, maybe a little sandy, it's not technical. Last time I raced there I wore studs. Spikes are better. Take a peak from 2010 Australian Masters Athletics Championships at same venue, the manicured part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024