1500m Set : 4 x 600m XC Intervals

At Stromlo early, weather cool with no wind. Just Steve and myself

The set: 2500m warm up (I slept in, no warm up), 5 x 100m strides, 4 x 600m (1:50, 1:48, 1:46, 1:45), 3000m warm down. Steve was doing all the pacing, averaged under 1:48 over the set. Again that's his best set of this type this prep. I was 1:57 on the first effort, then able to keep up.

Of me: Two slow runs yesterday with a few strides thrown in, 18km in total and only 100km for the week. This morning a little cautious after the thunderstorm linked asthma attack on Saturday morning. I still have some gunk in my lungs, breathing not quite normal yet, legs are very good.

Track racing resumes on Thursday. I plan to run a 1500m as a first effort.

Yesterday Keith in Bemboka ran 15km on his longer run, another step forward on his recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024