Saturday Ketchup

Keith in Bemboka 4 x 110m strides 24 seconds, 4 x 4 minute efforts with 2 minutes jog recovery. 13km all up today, another step forward for Keith.

Steve at Park Run 5km in 18:12. Splits: 3:26, 3:35, 3:40, 3:46, 3:36 with last 400m in 74 seconds. Solid.

A couple of fail days for me. Missed a session on Friday due to sore knee and late thunderstorm, only 20 minutes done in morning. Park Run this morning I had an asthma attack (I am not asthmatic) due to fungal inhalation from either previous evening thunderstorm or residual in the morning after. I warmed up well prior to Park Run, ran 5 x 100m hill strides and suffered attack in first 200m of run, continued for 1500m before stopping twice and coasting home in 19:30ish. Very scary, I wasn't well for hours after. Pulse was normal, breathing was very difficult. I confined myself indoors until symptoms subsided in the afternoon.

In the late afternoon I hung out at the lake with friends and dogs. I'll test things out tomorrow morning before making plans for the rest of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024