Road to World Masters Athletics Championships Malaga 2018 : Entries Have Closed, 8100+ Competitors

Entries have closed for World Masters Athletics Championships to be held in Malaga, Spain in 7 weeks. 8100+ competitors so far, mail entries may trickle in over coming days. In all ages, male or female, competition is super tough. Medals won't come easy and places will be contested at an awesome level. I can't rate between Lyon and Malaga as yet...I'm carrying all my memories of how hard I had to fight in Lyon and Perth on my training runs between now and then.

I've done a brief fly pass of my competition in the M55-59 middle and long distance events. I am looking at facing 20-25 realistic challengers for a run in the 1500m final. In the longer events I can see between 7-12 realistic challengers for a medal. No need to alter training plans as I'll be ready for everything should I stay injury free and in good health.

Over the next month I'll run three or four races on road and cross country to prepare myself for 5000m to Half Marathon events. When I get to Paris in mid-August I'll finish off preparations for the 1500m.

Today was an up-tempo 17km XC frosty morning run plus 8km in the afternoon as recovery (coffee break by the lake in between with full sun). 134km last 7 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m