ACT Masters 5000m Championships

Completely unexpected we had the hottest 5000m field at club track since I started running again in 2007. Weather was cool but windy...probably not more than 1-2 seconds a lap. We had to run in lanes 2-3 for some...cost more than the wind.

Brad led the early laps solo. Olympian Shaun M50, Jacob M30s, myself a chasing pack, Jim and Steve chasing us. I survived 2000m sheltered out of the wind before I cracked, just before they caught and passed Brad, Brad and I had to survive to the end solo. Shaun 16:03 and Jacob ran 16:06, Brad 16:52, me 16:54, Jim 17:11, Steve 17:54. First two females V 19:59 and Leanne 20:03 ran together most of the race.

My first race in Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% on track. Wearing them in for the Australian Running Festival Half Marathon on Sunday.

Comments

Ewen said…
Good luck Sunday Bruce. Good to see such a big and quality field on the track.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024