Australian Running Festival Canberra Half Marathon 77:22 1st M50-59

Weather cool to warm, light winds, cloudy to full sun for Australian Running Festival Canberra Half Marathon this morning.

My plan was to run 2 x 10km splits of 35 minutes and find my way to the finish as best I could. I found myself in the second pack shortly after the start. Splits to 5km were good (3:29,3:26,3:17,3:17,3:25). From around 9km on I was struggling with dehydration, splits mostly in the 3:40s. I stopped for a minute at the final drink station for 3 cups of water and one over the head. Not my best run, no harm done to the legs. I will have recovered easily by Australian Masters Athletics Championships which begin in 12 days.

Comments

Ewen said…
Well done Bruce. You were looking good when I saw you.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024