Stromlo XC Intervals 2 x 600m, 400m recovery

Weather a cool 6 degrees, no wind for a light session this morning. After an afternoon jog yesterday I knew I had recovered well from the Half Marathon on Sunday.

The set: Warm up, 4 x 100m strides with jog back recovery, 2 x 600m efforts with 400m jog recovery, warm down. Splits: 1:45,1:39.

Turns out running the Half Marathon as a glorified tempo run due to dehydration worked out well. No soreness in the legs and my fastest 600m effort at Stromlo ever. I'm now in shape for every distance I run from 800m up.

At lunch a tempo session with Helen at Stromlo, 2500m efforts for her.

Next set I will have to consider what I am missing. I will see what the weather is like on Thursday morning or evening. Most likely it will be my last very hard set before Australian Masters Athletics Championships although the is scope for it to be as late as Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024