Parkrun Ginninderra 17:02, Steve Coombs 18:30 : Nike Vaporfly XoomX Next % Review

This morning a Parkrun event with Stromlo XC circuit catering for another event. Weather foggy, cold, no wind. Steve ran at Coombs in 18:30. Splits: 3:25,3:49,3:42,3:45,3:35. My run at Ginninderra coincided with a first run with Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next%. More on that following.

Parkrun Ginninderra had a few of my friends there including training partners Gabe, Jen, Maria and Elspeth. All seemed to run well in the cold conditions. City2Surf 14km next week which made it a good hit out.

My run: A fast start to emulate next weeks event. Splits: 3:15,3:20,3:30(dead turn),3:27,3:24=17:02 which is a new Age% record for the course. I was very close back in June, a reason why I chose this course again today.

Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% Review: This is the shoe I'll be running City2Surf 14km next week and Marathon de Paris in April 2020. For me it feels much faster than the Nike Zoom Vaporfly Flynit 4%. The additional ZoomX foam near the forefoot is in exactly the right place, especially running up hills. Grip and stiffness in the forefoot has been improved as well. When I started to relax after 2km I was able to maintain 3:20s/km comfortably. There's still room for improved speed when I dial in where to plant my foot.

Tomorrow a long slow recovery run. I'll fit in some strides and a tempo run midweek and reduce the volume on Friday and Saturday before Sunday's City2Surf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024