Long Beach Tempo Run 100 minutes : Snake Spotting

Morning Tempo beach run of 100 minutes from Dalmeny to Potato Point and return at low tide on mostly firm sand. I was having a great time exploring the grass trails on the headland near Potato Point until I spotted a 2 metre black snake hunting food. While I had a mobile phone I didn't take my compression snake bandage. It was straight back to the beach for me. I won't run that headland again until winter when the reptiles are hibernating. One inquisitive dog had already died from snake bite this spring. I didn't have Milli the Border Collie with me this morning (lack of fresh water on route). A run on her favourite beach and coffee at the Marina for her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024