Extreme Weather Event 1km Run : Australian Masters Athletics Half Marathon Championship Results 1st M60 ; 10km Run incl 3 x 1500m Hill Repeats

This morning a 1km run/walk across the road to assess the extreme weather in the last 48 hours...it's not safe out there. Little rain, winds gale force, debris falling from trees and power lines swaying. I didn't expect to get a high volume training day 24 hours ago but I did get the job done late in the day. ...At 2pm a break in weather allowed me to get out there safely for 2 x 5km loops including 3 x 1500m hill efforts, just before storms rolled in again.

Today results from the Australian Masters Athletics Half Marathon Championship were published. Competitors could nominate a couple of events (just one for me) and compete at a sanctioned (postal) event anywhere in Australia. I wasn't confident in winning as I chose a Canberra event around the hilly lake loop on a very windy day. Fortune was on my side by winning a 6th Australian Masters Athletics Half Marathon age Championship. Three of those wins in Canberra, three in Hobart Tasmania. If I run the event in 2024 I'll make an effort to find a faster course. My friends Jen and Clare were 1st and 2nd in W65 category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024