Canberra Times 10km (and 5km) Fun Run

Perfect weather today for both the run and lingering after...really enjoyed the day. Plenty of friends out there to watch and cheer on...all did well on what is a slowish course.

Some rough as guts results (will update when the official results appear):

10km: kt 42 ; heidze 43 ; Maria 44 ; kathy 45 ; missy 46 ; julia 47 ; minnie 48 ; pete 52

5km: gt 21:25

Of me: Splits: 3:03, 3:24, 3:17, 3:35, 3:35, 3:21, 3:20, 3:23, 3:27, 3:30 = 33:58
Really struggled after 3km today. Felt great until I hit the rises between 3km-5km when I put in two bad kms. A pack caught me up containing 6-7, I just hung in there until there were only two of us left with 1km to go, sat on last man standing James all the way to the line. No sprint finish for me, would have felt awful stealing a place after having sat in for 5km. The result 30sec slower than 2011 but very happy with it considering I ran the half marathon last weekend. At times my form was very good. Looking forward to a good session on Tuesday to get me fired up for Saturday and the Tan Relays in Melbourne.

Comments

Janene said…
Yay, well run everyone! :-)
David said…
Hey Bruce any run under 34 is very good going well done
Thanx David, really was a struggle.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024