Tuesday Session : Long Intervals

Two days after Canberra Times Fun Run most of us not nearly recovered yet...an abbreviated session today for most to mind the niggles including Heidi, a jog with the daughter.

The set: 2000m, 3 x 800m with 200m walk recovery between efforts. I can only think of three of eight who completed the session (Kathy, Kelley and Helen) although every one was well under pace.

Of me: 1200m (3:46), 3 x 800m (2:30, 2:30, 2:30). Set the watch at 19s or 76sec per 400m, ran 2 seconds under pace each effort, well in control but a long way from being in track shape. Still 6 weeks to track start and 10 weeks until my first big race. Today day one of real training. My niggle a slight calf issue I've had since Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024