Stromlo 5km XC

Because of me who jumped the gun minus 3 seconds each from those times...so sorry.

An improvement from last week and felt good until I cracked after 2.3km. It was hot out there. My splits:8:21, 8:47. In training I would normally do 6:37 which is about what I went through 2km in. In a race a normal split is 8:05 on a first lap. I have run a tick over 16 for 5km on the course. Any way you look at it I am still a minute or less off a good run.

The chest not a problem during the race. After quite sore...will have to do some breathing exercises and harder training to right it. The left lung is not filling up to capacity and can't hold it for as long.

Steve 17:59 by his watch. Kathy very similar to last week...everybody suffered in the heat.

Back to a new normal routine for me. 140km in a week, three hard sessions, next one on Thursday.

Yesterday I did 83 minutes and looked at the track. They should be finished before the rain sets in tmoz save for marking the lines.

Keith a short interval session on the coast. All the efforts under 3:20/km.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024