Stromlo XC Intervals

Cloudy, not much wind, a little humid and warm this morning. Not too bad for running.

As usual with Steve on the early set: 4x100m, 2000m,1500m,1200m,800m,400m
Splits: 645,454,354,231,75

Second set pacing the girls: 4 x 100m, 5x800m all in 257-2:58 or just under 3:50/km

The first set one of my quickest, the only disappointment being the first effort. I'm pretty close be being at my best again but to be honest I didn't feel great out there this morning. It was a best ever cumulative for Steve. Even at my best he is pressing me on every effort.

The girls were great too. Very impressive the last four weeks and I can see they are all coming into form.

Yesterday was my 11th 90 minute+ run in four weeks. All but one have been long recovery runs. Tomorrow will be another marathon specific session at Stromlo. A little faster and further on both threshold efforts and a little further in total distance is the plan.

The track: They were putting the railings in late yesterday. It is basically finished. Maybe they will let us on early. Stromlo had over 50 athletes out there this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024