Big day at Arenberg

Two hours in a hire car to Arenberg for Paris Roubaix cycling. I tested my memory from 2010 to see if I could get there through the back roads without map and excelled. Surprising how good my memory was.

We have been to Arenberg twice in 2010. Once for the stage in the 2010 tour de France and the other a few days before to check things out. This time we went exploring and pushed the memory gathering much harder. We took loads of photo and video. I can't describe in words.

The day itself just got better and better. It was incredible to see the dust rise from the cobbles and hear the gears clicking, chains rattling. The crowds were fuelled by Belgian biere, some way past happy.

We watched the race on the big screen at the forest entrance. Wow, I can't remember a more even Paris Roubaix with suspense until the final kilometres. It was a great day out.

We Willie at the same venue come July on our second day of  chasing Tour de France 2014. BRING IT ON.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024