Recovey Mode

I've been slowly recovering from achilles soreness from the marathon. It has been a sharp pain isolated to one small spot. Not sore at all to walk on and doesn't throb at all in the morning. When I did run earlier in the week I could feel a problem up the leg to the top of the hamstring along the line of muscles that cramped from 13km in the marathon. I suspect they were in partial spasm from 13km to 36km and then full spasm thereafter. The problem up the leg is much better, small spot a little improved.

I've done much icing and stretching. Aside from the 8km a week ago it has been just 1km and then 2km a day to monitor the recovery progress. There is no pain riding the bike so I have done some short wind training sessions and rode the bike to work (and back) this morning. I am sticking to my 1 May goal to start running properly again even if not training hard.

Official splits from the marathon I received yesterday. Standing still and stretching for 8 minutes in the last 6km (6 minutes in the last 2.2km) shows up in the splits.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024