Recovey Mode

I've been slowly recovering from achilles soreness from the marathon. It has been a sharp pain isolated to one small spot. Not sore at all to walk on and doesn't throb at all in the morning. When I did run earlier in the week I could feel a problem up the leg to the top of the hamstring along the line of muscles that cramped from 13km in the marathon. I suspect they were in partial spasm from 13km to 36km and then full spasm thereafter. The problem up the leg is much better, small spot a little improved.

I've done much icing and stretching. Aside from the 8km a week ago it has been just 1km and then 2km a day to monitor the recovery progress. There is no pain riding the bike so I have done some short wind training sessions and rode the bike to work (and back) this morning. I am sticking to my 1 May goal to start running properly again even if not training hard.

Official splits from the marathon I received yesterday. Standing still and stretching for 8 minutes in the last 6km (6 minutes in the last 2.2km) shows up in the splits.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.