Optimistic

My ankle survived Sunday, a 5km XC handicap on fire trails. It likes fire trails much more than bitumen. The splits: 4:27 (up), 4:04, 3:58, 3:54, 3:48 (down)=20:11. Quicker as I went but 2 minutes off my quickest on the course.

Yesterday 6km up and down Mt Painter, around the time I usually do and the ankle pain down to a dull ache.

Today 8km out on the Aranda loop. Again the time surprisingly quick given my lack of running for 3 weeks. A niggle barely noticeable today

The achilles is getting better every day. I'm giving myself one more day of bludging along with the stretching, ice, tennis balls and ibuprofen (which will all continue into the future).

Pumping up the volume will come first with a first session on Saturday morning 3 x 2000m intervals with 1-2 minutes jog recovery

It's still 10-15 weeks before my next race, plenty of time to get things right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024