Long Run #5 ; Keith in Bemboka

90 minutes out and back to the Arboretum, drizzle all the way. That completes my third consecutive 120km+ week. The weeks before that were 5, 13, 22, 56 and 94km post marathon making it four missed weeks in total and four good weeks following. May was an average of 106km per week.

I'm feeling pretty good in training. The achilles is no problem doing steady running. It is sore during the faster track sessions I've none during the efforts themselves but not sore at all after.

What's missing now is training at the paces that will help me get back down to low 16s 5000m & low 33s 10000m (and some race fitness). All being good I will start to hit those times on Tuesday with 5 x 800m, 2:35 or better but aiming for 2:32 on at least one effort. When I can run at 3:10/km for 800m comfortably I can start working back up to 2000m efforts at the same pace. That will begin to happen in the next training block starting June 16. With Gold Coast Half Marathon in a few weeks and a trip to France straight after it is probably not until City2Surf or after where I can show I am back at my level again.

Meanwhile down south Keith did 3 x 2700m in the rain, all efforts between 10:00 and 10:06.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Big Weather Event Brewing ; Indoor Training ; Australian Masters Athletics Championships Mixed XC race