AIS Track : 4 x 800m

I had Steve for company this evening and we met Maria, Gabe and Tori on the warm up in the bush (doing their tough hill loop just before dark).

For Steve and I it was on track: long warm up in the bush, 4 x 100m, 4 x 800m with 400m jog recovery, 1600m warm down. It was much colder and more wind than previous weeks. More like a winter should be. Average was 2:36, the quickest 2:34. Lost a couple of seconds on each effort fighting into the wind. Steve and I finished all efforts together.

Of me: That's the best I've felt since Australian Masters Athletic Championships. It was easy dropping onto 76 second laps from the gun and always finished the efforts off strongly into the wind. Next session will be on the hills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024