Long Run #11 : 4 x 300m Power Hills

This week has been lower volume than the previous five. It was unplanned as the dog Bella got very sick and needed nursing. Bella is all better now for the rest and so am I.

This morning cold, still, blue skies. My usual 90 minute out and back through the Arboretum. After a five minute warm up I felt surprisingly good, ran the next 10km in 38:50 to the turnaround some 4 minutes out further than normal. The return 10km was mostly up and included 4 x 300m power hills making it 77:58 for the middle 20km. I did the last 1km down the hill as warm down and another 1km with Bella (her first run in a few days). It will be 110km for this week. I will do a loosener run this afternoon. I didn't do yesterday.

In two weeks is Gold Coast Half Marathon and also leaving for the annual Tour de France same day. That means one more 120km week, the following week a taper down to 85km for the race. Next weekend is the ACT Masters xc handicap 4.5km. I sure hope it is better than my effort last month.

Meanwhile up north David Sweeney M50 has shown he is the form male age grouper. A 15:53 5km Parkrun and 33:29 10km Fun Run on the same weekend. Congrats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024