ACT Masters XC Handicap : Frylink 4.5km

The temperature 5 degrees and very windy for the handicap this morning. The track was mud slippery in places, especially around the start/finish. Often I chose to run on the grass instead of the fire trail. I did feel good out there after a 7km warm up. The time 16:24, only 9 seconds slower than last year despite the mud and drizzle cold. I seemed to be picking up my competitors quicker than usual out there. 6th place from group 45. Not sure how many in front were ineligible.

ACT Veterans Athletic Club or ACT Masters Athletic Club. I think it has been 4 years since we last voted on the issue. I have no view on the name but a do hope we get a more stylish race singlet out of this.

It won't be long until we are forced into affiliation with Athletics ACT. That will really test the strength of the club.

An afternoon 10km easy made it just over 120km for the week. A mini taper this week should have me firing for the Gold Coast Half Marathon. While I haven't even raced since Australian Masters Athletics championships (failed jogged marathon aside)I feel confident I can knock out a 73-74 minute half and still be able to run the next day. I have been very consistently boring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024