ACT Masters Track : 3000m

Conditions: Cool for summer, wind -35kph in home straight. Keith and I both on the same plan for 3000m, Four and a bit laps hard, 100m float recovery in 30 seconds, three laps hard. Keith started very quick, was on my butt until 1200m then dropped away slightly. As planned I took 100m float in 30 seconds at 1700m, 1200m to finish. I looked at Keith with two laps remaining, wished he might run in the 10:20s although he miscounted the laps and took two breaks, lost 20 seconds to my 10 seconds. Kathy just back from the coast an hour before, ran 13 mins+.

Of me: 130km+ last 7 days, plan to run 10000m as punishment next Thursday just before the Cadel Farewell in Geelong if the sciatica and weather is OK. 10:09 today, a cruise in training flats, net 9:59. I felt ordinary but worked as hard as I needed to. I need a few more weeks of punishment, plan not to rest up until March although I need to run a decent 800m in a few weeks...will see how that pans out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024