ACT Masters XC Handicap : Frylink 3km

First cross country handicap for the year. Since I won my last race, transported back to group 49 giving KT (the closest) 10 groups head start. I didn't catch her nor 14 others although I tried hard. Due to the recent rain creating rivers in the trails a re-jigged 'rough as' course...best the organisers could do. My splits: 3:41 (up), 3:43 (rough grass), 3:28 (down)=10:53. My best on the old course which was much more runnable 10:30 way back in 2011.

3km warm up on course, 1km warm down, another 6km warm down with Bella at home...I had to give her a water fight to enable her to cope with the heat and distance. Her reward was a picnic by the lake. The menu: Licking the coffee lid, ratatouille from the garden, fromage and mango.

That leaves me with another easy 55 minutes this afternoon when the sun loses it's sting. Until then it's the Tour Down Under on the box. Can Cadel make the podium or will Tom Dumoulin get some bonus seconds out on course? BMC will have to defend many attacks.

I miss the Tour Down Under. Not only the racing but the great memories surrounding the race. Having been to many of the iconic European races every year since 2008 it still ranks up there with many of those events. Maybe equal to something like Tour de Romandie.

Some images from when I was last there in 2011, consecutive years from 2002-2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024