Steve and Beach Elf Still in Centennial Park ; Me Still in Stromlo

Up early this morning Steve 18:07 for 5km in Centennial Park with 3 minutes hard and 30 seconds float. Beach Elf 6,5,4,3,2,1 minutes hard with 30 seconds float. 5.6km covered and 4:09/km average during the efforts.

I wish I was up early but had to look after my foot this morning. It was fine by the afternoon but very hot and sunny. My set at Stromlo 6,5,4,2 minutes hard with 30 seconds float recovery. The hill addition is now functional on the 2.5km circuit. I did the warm up and two hard laps on it for 8km total at Stromlo, another 10km when it cooled down around 730pm. I ran very hard first 2.5km loop, the heat got the better of me in the final kilometre.

Yesterday I got caught in torrential rain and thunderstorms on Black Mountain. 30mm was dumped in just over 30 minutes and most of it hit my head. Everything was river-like, not surprising my foot was slightly sore as I never knew where the ground actually was...all good now.

Next session early at Stromlo on Saturday, the usual set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024