ACT Masters Athletics Pennington and Adler Series ; Keith in Bega

The weather sticky, not so hot, no wind to speak of. On offer conclusion to the Spiral handicap Adler Series and the Pennington handicap Middle Distance series.

I had hoped Helen would win the Adler Female series for a third time but Gina had another awesome effort to secure the trophy...nothing like your partner in love sitting in the stands and cheering you on all season hey Gina. Helen ran both the Pennington 3km and Adler 3km approx, the Adler at 4:05/km. Bravo Helen.

Star of the night for me was Sue Archer W65 who is running up AST's in the mid-90s for races 3000m-21km Cadbury and in the World Mountain Running to boot. So happy to see her again after suffering from PF for a couple of years. Sue was 3rd in the Adler and 1st in the Pennington tonight, but ineligible for the prizes, injured for most of the season.

Pennington Series went to plan for all of us. Steve M45 ran another great 10:05, passed Colin M50 and almost caught Kathy W60 starting way back...not easy running in lane 2. Kathy herself ran another 12:40s effort and is as good at almost 64 as she was at 45. Helen W50 cruised around in 13:04.

Of me: I wasn't as perky as on Monday but ran hard enough to pass Kathy with 500m to go and secure the trophy. It wasn't easy. Sue Archer had put 2 laps on me before I started and won on the night. I finished 90 metres adrift in 2nd. I'm pretty happy where I am at. 135km last 7 days, very tired in the legs but no injury to speak of. Next races all 5000m and four of them (hopefully) on consecutive Thursdays after sunset. A good chance to build the form. It won't be pretty in the first two races but should be better when I slacken the workload. I will plan an easy day next Wednesday if I am good on this weekend.

Keith M55 in Bega: His Garmin is crazy but he is still working hard. He did a session today, I won't repeat the numbers as he is doing Parkrun on Saturday South Coast, will get an indication there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024