AIS Track : Direct Preparation 3 x 800 metres

Back to the track for a session to find out where we are at and refine from there. The weather hot and humid, no wind to speak of.

Two near identical sets including: 6km warm up, 6 x 100m, 3 x 800m, 2.5km warm down. I paced both sets.

Set 1: (2:30, 2:30, 2:30) Steve only a step behind so was moving well.

Set 2: Helen:(3:08, 3:09, 3:07). Dale gave us 10-20 seconds head start, only caught us once. Both looking to be in their best shape this season.

Of me: Two hours of hilly running yesterday at 4:00/km. Felt the normal fatigue from the high mileage and surprised how easy running the set was. Next race the Pennington 3000m Handicap. I will start at same pace as today and hold on until I know I can catch Kathy with room to spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024