AIS Track 3000m ; other events

Wind reading -2.6mps home straight (I dispute that, BOM says it was 26kph, gusting to 34kph), cloudy, humid.

Despite a 7km warm up I still wasn't warmed up...maybe I am getting old! I had the beeping watch set for Steve at 3:20/km (20 sec/100m) and ran just under that pace from start to finish. Steve was only a short distance back the whole way. With 200m to go Gerard gave me a spook from the sidelines ('Go Steve') I had to lift to hold Steve off. Me: 9:57, Steve 10:00, Keith 10:34, Kathy 12:45ish (even paced W64).

Helen 6:06 1500m. Main event for her was Spiral Handicap 6 lap following. Emma ran just about every event on the program.

Evaluation: Kathy is really fit with even paced 3000m equal to what she ran in 2010 perfect conditions (ugly this evening). Steve better again than last week and approaches the important weeks in prime form. Keith had a knee niggle in recent weeks, hasn't lost that much and is rejuvenated...watch this space. Helen had no winter (ski injury) and will get back to great form in coming weeks.

Of me: This is six weeks of 120km+ each week (eight of ten). I am in great half marathon shape, track not yet but signs are good. I will push on for two more weeks or more. In a fortnight there are 4 consecutive weeks of 3000m/5000m at 7:50pm. We all will build the racing form during this period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024