AIS Track ; Short Lactate Intervals

Perfect weather for running this afternoon. I ran 19km all up including some pacing for the girls.

Set 1 with Steve (Dale and Shane joined in after a few efforts): 6km warm up, 4 x 100m, 7 x 400m (all in 71) + 200m (32-33). 1km warm down. Steve was always on my heels doing it easy.

Set 2 with Kathy and Helen: 5 x 300m with 100m jog recovery paced at 1500m pace or better then 3 x 200m with 150m jog recovery at 800m pace or better. 2.5km warm down.

Steve and I didn't take any risks with the set. Shane did well in his first session of this type (I hope he is not too sore). Helen was great again, another leap in leg speed. Kathy had a niggle mid-session, took no risks.

Next race on Thursday ACT Masters 5000m Championships. I expect we will all race hard regardless of the weather. Predicted to be very warm and windy during the day, light winds in the evening. Let's see what comes of that.

Of me: I'm almost down to race weight and expect to be there by the weekend. No niggles to speak of. All I need is a few easy days to begin to freshen up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024