Stromlo XC Lactate Intervals

Just a short set this morning. Cold overnight turned into blue and sunny, no wind to speak of.

The set: 2000m warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 5 x 300m efforts in the 1000m loop x 2, 100m jog recovery. Pacing using 100m posts was at 3:05/km for Steve and myself, 3:45/km for Kathy and Helen. I paced both sets. 2000m warm down. Everyone was quick and bouncy and the pace good for an undulating grass circuit with one very tight bend. Things looking very good for all of us next weekend.

Next up will be a 4000m XC at the same venue. It will be a maximum threshold session for me. The out and back course on the 2500m loop (dead turn short of a full loop) has one major climb in both directions. I find the hill tougher in the return direction.

KT, Gabe and SK were out there too doing the tough set Steve and I usually do.

Of me: Total volume last 7 days down to 110km today, will be 100km tmoz. Already feeling fresh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m